When selecting a foundation, powder, etc. it all comes down to your skin tone.
Perfect face make-up makes your skin appear naturally refined and radiant. You can achieve this effect by using premium-quality make-up from leading cosmetics brands like Clinique, Dior, Guerlain or Estée Lauder. You should also always use a foundation, concealer and powder that are suitable for your skin tone in order to create an even complexion with perfect blending of the different areas of the skin.
- Foundation should exactly match the skin tone of your neck – it is best not to test it on your arm or hand, as the skin is often a shade darker in those areas.
- Concealer should be a shade lighter than your natural skin tone so that it evens out dark circles under the eyes and skin imperfections.
- Your blemish stick should match your skin tone exactly.
- Face powder can be a shade darker if it is being used for contouring; otherwise, it should be the same shade as the foundation.
- Rouge should enhance your skin tone uniformly: Warm shades of orange like apricot suit extremely pale skin, whereas shades of pink blend well with more rosy skin. A rouge in bold shades of red would suit a darker skin.
When making your purchase from the Heinemann Shop, please also note that the shade numbers may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and that some major brands use additional names for their colour shades.
Apply face make-up correctly – make your complexion look perfect
Foundation, primer, make-up base – there are several terms to describe face make-up. In principle, face make-up is always applied first, and it should stay even and feel comfortable on the skin throughout the day.
- First, cleanse the skin thoroughly and apply a light moisturiser to keep the skin smooth and supple.
- A blemish stick or concealer can be used to cover any redness and skin imperfections, and can be lightly blotted on the transition areas.
- Depending on the product, you can either apply foundation using a sponge, a brush or with the fingers.
- After this, apply a little powder to the make-up base coat if necessary in order to give a matt finish to the T-zone.
- Rouge applied to the cheeks and forehead gives the face contours and ensures a fresh look.
Discover beautiful skin with make-up and personal care products available from the Heinemann Shop
Your skin deserves only the very best: enjoy the luxury of premium-quality make-up and face care products, and order your favourite brands like Smashbox, Sensai, Givenchy, Clarins and many more online from Heinemann – to be picked up at the airport shop or for delivery directly to your doorstep.